Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the Commercial

   Today, I was in I.S. I know, I know. It sounds like a bad thing and it actually is but it’s not as bad as it sounds and I wasn’t there for any extreme reasons such as disruptive behavior. I was there for not being able to attend Saturday school being that I was already scheduled for work. Remember when I told you guys that my life is crazy from being a high school student and having a job? This is one of those times that exhibits this fact. Life is all about responsibility and I do accept the responsibility of not going to Saturday school and thus having to pay the consequence of that being I.S. Although it isn’t fair that I miss out on assignments and it seems that I’m absent although I’m physically at school, I guess it makes sense as to why I had to go. If they allow one student to get away with it, the rest might start to think it’s okay. I know my absence was missed amongst my partners. I use to always wonder what they would do without me and today I got my answer.
   Despite my “absence”, not in school but, in class it was brought to my attention that I didn’t miss much today. Due to the outdated computers we unfortunately have to deal with, not only my partners but every other partnership in class did not get to edit today. The computers were working poorly and not with enough speed as we’d like. Additionally, Pinnacle Studios was not working. This is the editing app that we’ll be using to edit. This realization hit after they were signed onto the desktop. My teacher then had to make the announcement that Pinnacle Studios was down. This caused a saddened outrage as we then realized that we’d be behind on the schedule that my teacher planned out for her students. However, we did not let this discourage us. We dumped our footage onto our individual Google Drives in the meantime. By doing this, it will ensure that next class we have a smoother transition of dumping the footage onto Pinnacle Studios.
   Next class, we WILL edit. This is me speaking it into existence. I’m doing this for two reasons; one being that I cannot wait to see the final outcome and two being that it’s something that needs to be done soon. I got to talk to my partners outside of class and we went over the editing techniques we plan to use for this commercial. We ensured this by writing our ideas down and even promising each other that we’d go home, watch commercials and get inspired off of them in order to have even more ideas brewing for next class. The editing techniques we plan to use include; insert, fade in, fade out, split screen, etc. The type of sounds that will be apart of this commercial will include dialogue, diegetic sound and score. I get excited more and more as I get closer to having to this commercial come to life. My teammates and I have worked hard under the hot sun of South Florida to film this commercial. The end product will be worth it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment