Thursday, November 14, 2019

Final Editing Blog

   The time has come. Our commercial is done. I must say this moment is a little bitter sweet as I really did enjoy the time we’ve spent filming. The editing process had to be the toughest part but we got through it. My team mates made the process even better. We knew to be serious as this project is very important but we also knew to let the good times be good times and enjoy them. Laughing throughout the funny moments when the cameras were off and becoming an actor as soon as the cameras were on. I call that balance. Overall, I think my very first commercial, filmed by myself at certain parts, came out really good. I couldn’t be more proud and hopefully, once you guys see it (coming soon) you’ll like it just as much as I do and understand the concept behind it. I did my best to make the scenario seem realistic. I can admit that I wasn’t always present throughout this entire project but I did make sure that my team mates knew that I was reliable. Even if not physically present, they had access to my phone number and knew that they could use it at any given time if they had a question that they felt I could’ve answered.
   As I stated earlier, the editing process was the toughest part throughout all this. The editing software we had to use, Pinnacle Studios, was not always cooperative. At some point, it was completely crashing down on us and we had no idea what to do. After many answered questions, we got some type of clue  as to how this editing app really works. Don’t you just love the “undo” button? Yeah, I do too.  That saved my team mates and I a ton.  Additionally, the amount of time our commercial had to be was another stressful factor. When I stated earlier that Pinnacle Studios was completely crashing down on us, I meant that the “cut” part wasn’t working. This section is the section we use to cut out any part of the commercial  that we no longer want to incorporate. We really struggled getting the commercial to shorten to 30 seconds. Even the nanoseconds of the commercial wanted spotlight but we couldn’t even let it go that far. Thankfully, we got to cut certain parts out and make our commercial fit within the 30 second threshold.
   Overall, this was a fun project. I liked the freedom we had to kind of do whatever we want all while remaining within the rule guidelines. The only downside is the fact that my team mates and I didn’t get to use our tripod. For some reason, one leg just wouldn’t  extend out like all the others. This was a bummer as I was really looking forward to using it. Nevertheless though, we didn’t let this stop us. True enough, all of our shots are hand held but we made sure to incorporate different editing techniques and angles. Until next time lovely readers. I’ll be back sooner than you think with another epic filming project. Stay Tuned.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment