Friday, October 25, 2019

Filming the Commercial

   Yesterday (October 24, 2019) my team mates and I brought our idea to life. We finally got to film the commercial we’ve been brainstorming and envisioning for about 2 weeks now. The process was stressful but I can honestly say that the final outcome was pretty good. The first thing that I did when I got to class was have my teammate (Jahnell) grab a paper of which we had to fill out regarding the equipments we’d be using. With this paper, we wrote down the number of the equipment we had. We were given instructions and suggested time management from our teacher along with a brief lecture.  While in class, I made sure to log into a computer so that it’d be ready by the time my teammates and I were done filming. Being that the computers are slow and not much advanced, this was a necessary step that I thought would help in the end. I sent one of my team mates down to our desired filming area to set up while Jahnell and I grabbed a prop from the classroom. After we that, we were off downstairs to film.
   Before the filming process, I took the responsibility of ensuring that we had everything that was needed and that the things needed were in the correct form. An example of this would be the Tripod. I didn’t want to have to stop in the middle of filming just because we failed  to realize that one of our equipments wasn’t cooperating since beforehand. It actually turned out to be a good thing that I did this because our Tripod had one length that was shorter than the other being that that leg wouldn’t extend. Thankfully my team mate (Jahnell)  and I got to run upstairs and get help from our teacher. The prop we grabbed from the classroom that I mentioned earlier was a mini rolling cart. I had to carry this on my way downstairs as we thought we’d need it for our commercial. The last thing I did was change into my clothes for the sake of my role. This consisted of baggy pants that I simply pulled over the original shorts I was wearing. Along with this, I helped set up our props from Dunkim Donuts so that we can then start filming.
   During the filming process, I played the role of an actor, camera man and director. We decided to be the actors of our commercial and not use any outsiders. This would save us time and effort being that everyone was doing their own thing and pulling someone away from their project would be too time consuming and disruptive. For the first part of our film, I was an actor, specifically a jogger running up to Dunkin Donuts to order breakfast after a long, hot run. For the second scene, I was the camera man. I had to record my team mates as it was their turn to act for this scene. During this time, I also played the role as a director. I gave them instructions on where to stand and I also helped them review their lines to ensure that everything would go smoothly. To me, this was very important as I understand that people can get nervous and start to stutter once the cameras are on. After that, I was able to have them perfect their lines. This gave us the end product of an amazing commercial that will only become better after editing.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment