Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming Blog

   Unfortunately over this past weekend, my team mates and I did not get to film. Our original plan was for Jahnell and Micahia to meet up this weekend and film two parts of this music video so that we can get a head start. I’d rather us have too much clip than too little.  The two parts were the parts that I do not need to be apart of. The reason for my absence would also be because I was at work. We’re experiencing a time change where I live and the sun sets at 5:30. I typically get off of work at 4. By the time I go home, shower then go to our location the sun would be setting. Jahnell didn’t like the idea of this and therefore wanted to go ahead and film without me. I agreed with this.
   We’ve decided to tell the story of the song. The two scenes that would’ve  been filmed would include Jahnell playing the role of the distressed, abused girlfriend and Micahia playing the role of the supportive friend trying to convince her friend to get out this situation. The reason why they weren’t able to film this past weekend is because Jahnell forgot the equipment in the classroom. I’m not sure how this happened being that I seen her seated with the equipment in front of her. When we do get to film, we will need the tripod and the camera. The tripod will be used to film each scene as we do not want it to be hand held like our commercial was. This time we will ensure that we get a tripod with legs that can extend equally. Also, we will plan accordingly and make sure to be able to fit the most important parts into the video. Most importantly, when we fill out the sheet in order to check out a camera, we will fill it out accordingly and with our new filming date. I think the reason why so many things went wrong is because last class, our teacher wasn’t here. Next class period she will be present and be there to remind the students to grab the equipment and even be in her classroom so that if we do forget it again, we can simply go back and retrieve it.
   I am not too bummed out at the fact that we did not get to film this weekend. We already went over other plans in case this one did not work out. The alternative was to film throughout our thanksgiving break and that’s what we’ll do. Although it seems that Micahia and I work schedule seem to be clashing a lot, I’m positive that we’ll figure something out. Hopefully things work out. Another factor that we have to think about is Lesly’s schedule. Lesly is the guy that will be apart of our music video. We felt that we could not have a music video about domestic violence without an actual guy in it. We will film this weekend. Jahnell now has all the equipment and she’s made sure not to forget them this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment