Friday, April 17, 2020

Commercial + CCR



1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does it represent social groups or issues? 
My commercial challenges conventions because Dunkin Donut commercials are usually filmed indoors, happy customers are shown and the coffee is being poured and or shown being stirred/brewed. Within my commercial, it is filmed outside, one of my customers isn’t very happy and the products (an iced coffee, bagel and breakfast sandwich) are shown ready with no background as to when they were made. The similarities between our commercial and a Dunkin Donuts commercial is that we used the most popular products. The Dunkin Donuts products used in my commercial represents social groups because it is given to a bitter business woman that never has time to herself and has to stop by to get breakfast instead of being able to make it at home. In our commercial, we created conflict between the businesswoman and the employee. A jogger and the business woman orders the same product but because the jogger got there first, the employee gave it away. We did this because most Dunkin Donuts employees uphold a certain degree of dignity and pride in their work. We wanted the end result to still be the typical theme of ‘America Runs on Dunkin’.

2. How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as real media text?  
My product engages with the audience because this is a realistic scenario as mistakes happen in the workplace all the time. As adolescents ourselves, we know how others think. Many do not even waste their time watching commercials nowadays and because we’re aware of this, our goal was to grab the attention of our audience. We accomplished this through using realistic instead of logical fallacies. If our product were to be distributed as a real media text, it would be distributed through YouTube ads, TV’s and social media ads with better editing. 


3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project? 
In the beginning of the school year, I did not have any production skills. That’s one of the primary reasons as to why I chose this class. I assumed that there was more to the filmmaking process than what meets the eye but I never knew exactly what it was. However, once we started taking notes and learned vocabulary terms, I learned so much more. My production skills developed as I now feel more comfortable filming being that we actually had to film ourselves. This resulted in me learning how to old the camera properly, set up a tripod, get into certain angles, and turn the camera on and off. 
4. How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware and online- in this project?
   My classmates and I integrated technologies in this project through the editing and filming process. I used software and hardware technology through the editing process because of Pinnacle Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment