Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

   Hey guys, I’m officially back! I know it’s been a while since you’ve last seen an update from me. For a second, I forgot about the life I had to upkeep on these blogs. No, I didn’t forget about you but more so the constant updates. Hopefully you guys didn’t forget about me either but if so, let me re introduce myself. My name is Jessica. To those who have been here since day one, welcome back! For the new comers, welcome to my humble abode... online that is. Although this is my blog, this isn’t only about me. As you can tell from the title of my blog, over the upcoming weeks I’ll be working on a new task and sadly, the final task. I know it’s sad that we must come to an end soon but, we’ll grieve later. As of right now, I have some exciting news. Not only do I get to work with my girls again, we now have a new addition to the group. My group members consist of *drum roll please* Micahia, Janell and... Eric! Yes, the new addition to our group is a guy. Kind of a shocker, isn’t it? The girls and I decided to burst our girl group bubble and add a different perspective. I’m sure this’ll bring some benefits later on.
   Over the past few months, I’ve learned a lot from my Aice Media class. When I compare my knowledge on film from the beginning of the year to now, all I can do is shake my head from the amazement. I’ve learned so much. I now know how to edit, although I’m not an expert at it. I also know how to identify different sounds, angled and movements in films. One major lesson I’ve learned can be applied to every aspect of my life. This lesson is to NOT procrastinate and waste time. Also, turns things in on time. This is something that the last 2 projects have taught me. This semester I’m excited about this final task because I think it can be a huge success as I have acquired the talent of time management and film making knowledge.
   A pitch is a term derived from Hollywood that is used to describe an idea of a film. This idea is an idea of a film that is spewed out quickly and simply in 25 words or less. An example of this can include a movie scene where one is trying to move their way up in their current job position (an assistant that wants to become team lead/get promoted) but the boss is too busy to spare more than 5 minutes of his or her time. This assistant is on limited time and therefore has to make a pitch that’ll hopefully catch the bosses attention. I’m pretty sure we’ve all seen a movie like this. A recent example is What Men Want by Adam Shankman. Our 1st pitch- A group of people have their drinks drugged at a party then they find themselves in a room they must escape from. 2nd pitch- A Caucasian male, African-American female  find themselves in love with each other and although this isn’t the olden days, their love is still forbidden. 3rd pitch- She’s a lawyer by day and criminal master mind by night, she abducted her clients child and wants to build a new family with him. Only one of these interesting pitches can be the topic of our 2-minute movie.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment